Registration Number : NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY / EAR / REG. / AC / 0268
(GHANA REPUBLIC, WEST AFRICA)
Registration Number: N°= 3/037/PDM-C/SG/STCCD
(BENIN REPUBLIC, WEST AFRICA)
CENTER OF CULTURES (COC) is a NON-PROFIT organization with the ideas of international Humanist Movement (new humanism). It promotes the simultaneous change of the society and individuals through the studies and activities facilitating transformation. It is intended as a mean of self-expression for young people to move forward. Through the activities of non-violence, it helps individuals to have social projects to adapt to the reality in local and international level.
2.1 – Overall Objective
Train and form human being and caring out from violence.
2.2 –Specific Objectives
-Establish different cultural, social, economic, excursions to a better understanding,
– Organize sports and arts etc… workshops to enable young people to express the sense of creativity and also promote the encounter between youth camps.
– Promote the personal development of youth through meetings, social activities to help young people to participate in social life of their community.
-Create a square shape of youth in order to unify the local and international youth in their core values
-Participate in the cultural and moral development of young people from 2 to25 years old.
-Develop ideas of humanism among young people in high schools, colleges, universities etc … in order to adapt to the realities of these. Better is to paint the realities of African continent especial in Ghana and enhance proportion of agriculture population solving the instability of markets.
-Enhance the high proportion of agricultural population in the cassava sector organization, plantain and other, improving agriculture techniques, solving the instability of markets.
-Promoting the existence of primary school and colleges by building equipment and maintenance of the schools and colleges, and by advocating for the availability of qualified teachers.
-Reducing the proliferation of certain diseases by creating community centers, their attendance, biomedical waste management, promotion of hygiene and sanitation activities and improving food security.
-Organizing the third age people for cultural and sports activities and promote the participation of women in public decisions.
– Ensuring environmental sustainability.
-Developing and make operational framework of dialogue.
-Networking and partnership with local and international organizations in a good relationship.
II- TARGET GROUP
The people of 3rd ages, orphans, widows, teenage pregnancy, disabled, women’s groups, rural youth groups, early school leavers, young graduates, retrenched workers, young craftsmen, artisan groups, groups of workers, rural communities, children, adult, adolescence, group of children, minors, street children, teenage pregnant. They are characterized by a central value and the cost of processing devises.
III – EXPECTED RESULTS
3.1 – Agriculture field.
• Approximately 2.18 million farmers have acquired knowledge of soil fertility management and adapted them for approximately 484,000 ha spread in over 50,000 villages.
• Specific inputs for cassava, cocoa and other are available and accessible to the farmers. • Sustainable and appropriate technical routes for cassava, cocoa and other are introduced.
•The yields of cassava, cocoa and other are doubled.
• Sustainable and less painful technologies are used by the target groups in the processing of products in intervention villages.
• Sustainable and appropriate technologies are used by the target groups in the storage of products in intervention villages.
• The marketing of products and their derivatives is insured and is profitable.
• The institutional capacity of farmers organizations involved in the development of the subsector of cassava, cocoa and other sustainable are strengthened.
• Access for credit to the target groups through the promotion of cassava, cocoa and other improved.
• Communities involved in the development of production of cassava, cocoa and other have opened up and have socio-economic infrastructure well managed.
3.2– HEALTH FIELD
- An international center of longevity and quality of life is created (CINTERLOV).
- International Institute of Gerontology (IIGER)
- An international institute of retirees for the exchange of experiences on the desktop of social Action (IIREETAS) is created.
- Community health centers are installed.
- Research bureau of International Bioethics Unit (BRUB), CAP (Concrete Action Program) in the field of development research on biomedical ethics, ethics and HIV / AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, ethnology and social development are established.
- Reducing children mortality less than 5 years old.
- Technical records on the research component on ethics and HIV / AIDS and other incurable diseases are developed.
- Youth program for the fight against AIDS / Malaria and other incurable diseases.
3.3– ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD
- The emergency department of environmental protection and the promotion of Bioethics are installed.
3.4- EDUCATION FIELD
- A training program and construction of 200 primary and secondary schools will be built, equipped and pleaded for the availability of qualified teachers.
- A consultation framework is established and functional.
- Net enrollment ratio in primary and high school.
3.5- FRAMEWORK OF LIFE.
- Charitable movements, social institutions shed markets among other social centers; community health, literacy and training centers are building.
- The tracks are arranged
3.6 – EXTREME ERADICATE POVERTY AND HUNGER
- Various development projects through a rigorous management strategy and a managerial human resources system are developed.
- Fighting against violence towards women is made.
- Aid programs and nutritional and medical assistances are established.
- Constant upgrading of social solidarity is made.
- The network is created shareholder in several stabilization of the economy within company as part of the recovery.
- A support base on background of aid is available for promoting community activities to the disadvantage and vulnerable populations.
3.7 –AREA OF PARTNERSHIP
Relationship between local and international organizations and partners by developing effective communication strategies are boosted.
IV – ACTIVITIES
4.1 – Agriculture Field
• Develop the employability through community development micro-projects program (agriculture, breeding center, fish …).
4.2 – Health Field
• Implement the Youth Action program for the fight against AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and other incurable diseases.
• Create community and rural health centers.
• Train and educate the volunteers on health: drug, prevention against AIDS, childhood diseases etc …
• Establish the Bioethics Research Unit program.
• Set up the project to install a (Brub) Office of Research Bioethics Unit
• Reduce mortality of children above 5 years.
• Create international centers longevity, gerontology, retired to exchange experiences in the field of social action and CAP (Concrete Action Program) in the field of development research on biomedical ethics, Ethics and HIV / AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and ethnology
4.3 – Environment Field
.Training and educating on nature protection .Participating for local and international decade for the prevention against natural disasters
.Establish the Bioethics Research Unit program .Establish the emergency department of environmental protection.
4.4 – Education Field
.Work for cultural actions (such as literacy program, promotion of reading, poetry, theater etc …) and the promotion of all ethics-related sciences.
.Training and education for health skills.
.Organize people of the 3rd age for cultural and sports activities .Promote the participation of women for public decisions.
.Establish and make operational framework for creating a platform of young people in order to unify local and international youth for the central values.
.Construction and equip of primary and secondary schools. .Provide documents and other materials to the primary and secondary schools.
4.5 – Living environment
.Develop rural desert tracks
.Build charitable monuments
.Develop market sheds
4-6 – Areas of communication
– Create a large communication network between local and international development partners.
V- STRATEGIES AND PRINCIPLES
The achievement of the objectives strengthening means the capacity of target groups to play in the organization by the management and their efforts activities are better rewarded in the distribution of surplus value therein will be created. From this point of view, strategy and program policy principles revolve to the following elements:
* Organization of producers and processors:
– Improved knowledge
– Facilitation of access to factors of production
– Taking into account gender and the environment
– Institutional Strengthening of sub-sector
– Participatory Approach
– Management Mode based on the “Make -make”
– Loyalty to his country with a view to promoting peace understanding and cooperation
– The principle of encouragement of human society to work for cultural exchange and consolidation for local and international solidarity regardless of race, sex, religion and politics.
– Participation in the development of society in general with respect for human dignity and the integrity of nature and the environment.
– Leadership for its own development
– Participation in various local and international seminars, forums in collaboration with local and international organizations.
– Collaboration with local and international partners (volunteers and other) for humanitarian activities, loyalty, impartiality in its good actions.
-Consolidation of international unity and social solidarity.
VI- PROGRAM AREAS (zone)
The PSDH (Social Development Human Program) has national characteristics scales and for this view, he will operate in all the regions in GHANA. and over the nations.
VII- ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
– Level of dialogue and national executive gathering guardianship, orientation and monitoring committee (COS) and the Program Management Unit (PMU).
– Decentralized level consultation and facilitation with the regional committees of guidance and monitoring
– Level of implementation of activities in the areas of operation whose coordination will be entrusted to service providers responsible for areas
7-2) Organization Management
The PSDH is managed by a small management unit that includes local and a regional level and will be under the NATIONAL YOUTH AUTHORITY. The regional level is composed of two regional coordinators based respectively in the Eastern Region (E/R).
As for the national level, it is composed of:
.Chief secretary • Treasure (Accountant) • Chief Accountant • Responsible for the agriculture components • Responsible for the health components • Responsible for environmental components • Responsible for the education components • Responsible for the living environment (human right) components • Responsible for component reduction of extreme poverty and hunger • Responsible for monitoring and evaluation • Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants